StepEurope from a new perspective

StepEurope from a new perspective


Hello, my name is Lisa. I have just started my work try-out in the StepEurope ry’s team. I have been doing the work try-out now for two weeks, this is my third one so I am still quite new with many things. Although, I am actually not that new, so this is not the first time I’m involved with StepEurope!
The first time I heard about StepEurope ry was in June 2016, when I was quickly packing my things to go to Kosovo for an Erasmus+ training called “Training of Trainers”. At that time, StepEurope ry was much younger and lesser known than now but already well involved in many international events. A few months later I started joining its activities as a volunteer but I was not alone anymore – my little baby had been born. Even though I could not get involved as much as I wanted, it was always very exciting to participate in the brainstormings and events with my daughter wrapped in a baby sling or carried in a pram. I am sure it was a nice experience for her too, spoiled and adored by everyone. As for me, I felt always very comfortable and relaxed. 


The life of a volunteer in StepEurope ry is exciting and at the same time flexible. You have in your hands the possibility to put into practice your own ideas, collaborate to create events for things in which you really believe and which really matter to you, without stressing about deadlines, marketing, funding, or technical issues. You can choose, which events to take part in or help to develop based on your own interests. To me, this was a great advantage, because at that time I could not give more but I still felt part of the group.

It was happy news to receive the opportunity for an interview, and even a happier one when I found out that I had been selected for a work try-out. This had a double significance in my private life: first, I had the chance to be more actively involved and share more responsibility with StepEurope ry, while pursuing my path in going back to a professional life after a long time at home.It was happy news to receive the opportunity for an interview, and even a happier one when I found out that I had been selected for a work try-out. This had a double significance in my private life: first, I had the chance to be more actively involved and share more responsibility with StepEurope ry, while pursuing my path in going back to a professional life after a long time at home.


Now I am sitting here, in our cosy and modern office in Logomo Byrå, balancing between what I can give to StepEurope and what I have to learn well and fast to be more efficient. It is quite surprising to discover the tools and effort that are behind each event, each post, each picture. And this is only the beginning! Especially marketing is quite a mysterious universe to me. I must admit that my interest in it has always been modest, and it is fascinating to know how much this is important nowadays and how much it needs to be practised.
So marketing, computers, new apps, new programmes, huge cups of coffee but in the end the same relaxing, informal and cheerful atmosphere I have always experienced with StepEurope ry. Thanks a lot to my great officemates Ronja and Ianthe, and thanks to everyone making this organization what it is, every time better and stronger.
I hope to see many of you soon in one of our next events. Our monthly newsletter has just been sent to you! Next week we are telling more about ourselves at the Kaupunkikarnevaalit, welcome!!
-Lisa

Comments