Faith in interfaith



I spent one week at the Asha center, in Forest of Dean, surrounded with a beautiful garden, amazing people and an inspiring atmosphere. Asha means hope in Sanskrit. But Asha is not only hope, it's a lot more and made a deep impact on me. The topic of the training I attended was Faith in the Future-Indian religions. During the week I had the opportunity to learn new things about Hinduism, Buddhism, meditation and mantras, enjoy dancing and singing with the group and get to know so many cool people from around Europe. Asha´s directors, staff and volunteers was very professional, creative, inspiring and each and everyone having an open and big heart. The participants were in a wide range of different ages, culture, background and languages. The directors at Asha was very skillful in creating a warm, accepting and open atmosphere for us and despite the differences, we became one.

Non formal educational methods like drama, dance and singing were used during the workshops. A highlight from the training that I would like to share is a meditations we made together with group. In the end of the training, on our last day, we did a visualization meditation. I think the purpose of the meditation was to make it clear for yourself what has happened during the training and why. To find a seed of the purpose, to ask yourself why you came to Asha. I found it very powerful to meditate together with the group. It gave me trust for my own path and I got insights of how to continue. I learn through my body and now, after the training, it feels like I´ve embodied something positive and useful.


During evenings we had time to get to know each other and participate in activities like movie night, intercultural evening, bonfire night, pub night and dancing workshop. Our group was very active so karaoke and yoga was also organized by the initiatives of the participants during our free nights. The place inspired me and others to also meditate and do yoga by ourselves when we had the time. It was motivating to wake up early when you knew you could meet other participants doing the same and practice together but still by yourself.

The energy of Asha felt healing for me. The food was delicious and nutritious, the air was fresh and the people loving. This training was my first training experience and I´m sure Asha put a high standard. I felt like I had came to the right place in the right time.

Work-try-out intern Ira

Comments