StepEurope through us

A fun way to get to know the team and StepEurope! The team answered the following questions about themselves and their relation to the organisation:

  1. How did you get involved in StepEurope?
  2. Tell your favorite StepEurope moment!
  3. Tell something about yourself that others would not assume.
  4. Share a photo from where you are right now.
Ronja, project manager:
  1. I get involved in StepEurope by a friend of mine. He posted "a call for an employee" post to his Facebook page. I applied the job and got it! Now have been the Project Manager and a volunteer for over two years.
  2. My favorite StepEurope moment: the End of the Season Parties (spring)! I love those over the night gatherings in the middle of the forest with brilliant company, good food and sauna. End of the Season Party is the only time we all are together with the Board, volunteers and office team! Can't wait for the July 10th!
  3. A secret fact about myself: I belong to the group of people who sing while having a shower -- with lyrics made by me and a terrible voice of mine (sorry, neighbors!).


Ira, work try-out intern:
  1. I first got introduced to StepEurope by a group of volunteers who came to my university and held a workshop for us. After that it took me about a year to get involved in the local activities, I attended a really fun and inspiring capoeira workshop, and dance workshop last autumn. Soon after that I was a member of the organisation! 
  2. I´ve had many already! One memorable is for example when I attended the Little Christmas Party last year and really got to meet and chill out with other StepEuropeans and also feel the nice, warm and inspiring atmosphere of StepEurope for the first time. Another is my a week at an international training in Great Britain that StepEurope made possible for me some weeks ago. It was challenging and so much fun at the same time!
  3. I have a twin brother and we pierced our ears about at the same time when we were younger, without knowing about it until we met some time afterwards. I pierced my left and he his left ear.

Ronja, project coordinator:
  1. I started working for StepEurope so first touch was at the job interview.
  2. I had my birthday in Estonia while working on our Study Visit and I got Happy Birthday sang to me on Finnish, Italian, English and Arabic. All at the same time.
  3. I have been riding since I was 6 and completely obsessed with the idea of opening sanctuary for old horses and ponies where they could retire.

Sissi, student intern:
  1. I found StepEurope while looking for places to do practical training for my Bachelor of Social Sciences. My first touch to StepEurope was attending the monthly brainstorm before starting my practical training.
  2. My extempore three day trip to Italy is my favourite moment so far! It was an amazing experience and since that I've been hooked to international work and StepEurope
  3. I love Disney movies and know most of the lyrics to their songs by heart. 

Noora, work try-out intern:

  1. I first knew about StepEurope through a close friend of mine, Lisa Biancucci, and active member of the StepEurope team. I had attended one of their events from last summer and was very interested in their ideology of involving the youth in the process of evolving the Finnish community towards multiculturalism and integration, as well as encourage all people towards a diverse and sustainable way of living. I then applied to them for an internship for the new season, which I started on February of this year.
  2. A favorite moment? Honestly, I would be the worst person to ask about choosing a favorite anything, especially when it comes to moments. Working with the team at StepEurope an "every day" adventure with lots of funny, exciting and a bit of stressful moments, which eventually turns out to give a positive result. However if I had to choose, I would probably say making new friends and putting myself in activities that are a bit out of my comfort zone, like speaking on a public platform like a panel discussion, or approaching people with my social yet socially awkward personality.
  3. Fun Fact(s): I am not Portuguese nor I am Spanish. another one? Even though I appear as a positively extra-social person, I get easily stressed about approaching people and I am usually anxious of others' opinions and reactions towards me ?? plus: I am always the grandma of all my friend groups XD

Suvi, student intern:
  1.  The supervisor of my previous internship was one of the founding members of StepEurope and he suggested it for me since he knew that I would be interested. Here I am, willing to continue with StepEurope after my internship is over!
  2. The absolute best thing about StepEurope are the people, both volunteers and the office rats, and spending time with them. Of the top moments must be when we had a gathering with all the office workers and board members that could made it at Ronja´s and we cooked dinner and spent the evening together.
  3. You know when people say that it is no use to abstain oneself from anything unless it is a problem, right? Well this April I decided to go hatless. I have been wearing a beanie, or some sort of hat, on a daily basis since the beginning of upper secondary and this is the first time I´m going to be that long without any hat since then. Now that I am used to this life I have an identity crisis since hats used to be half of my persona for so long.

Shep-dog, assistant:
  1. When I came to Logomo with my mom during her fist work day! 
  2. Everyday during our lunch break lots of people pet me but my favorite is this man who even gives me fun squeaking toys! 
  3. I speak Swedish and I like to do yoga.



Comments