StepEurope: an International Learning Experience


Hello, Dearest Readers!

It’s Noora writing over here 😊
For those of you who don’t know me, I am an intern at StepEurope in charge of coordinating international projects and opportunities that the organization provides for the Finnish (native and non-native community). Working with the StepEurope has been a life changing 6 months and such a fruitful experience I’ve learned quite a lot about the different duties of organizational work; financials, conventions, fairs, youth events, international training (locally and abroad), recruitment and partnerships.




New terms are cemented in my brain: ESC (European Solidarity Corps), ERASMUS+, Integration, Mobility, etc. This experience was actually one of the main reasons I have decided to pursue studying Social Services, as working with international communities and helping people to integrate within the local community is one thing I would love to contribute in the future.


 My Favorite memories? so many! But I would say is getting to know all lovely people from all around Europe and making friendships and memories! I got the opportunity to visit the mesmerizingly beautiful ASHA Centre in Gloucester UK this May, got to be part of managing an international training in Kaarina (Celebrating Diversity), working in organizing local and international events like the Week Against Racism, in which I had my first Panel discussion about inequality of opportunities in Finland and whether that is actually the case here with people from an Immigrant background!

StepEurope, an experience I will always look back at with a big smile on my face 😊

Comments