Asha - Islam and Sufism training 16.7-24.7.2019


Huda:
For me the training about Sufism and Islam at the ASHA Centre was an eye-opening experience, it made me acknowledge the most simple things in life. Just being present and doing your best every day is enough. I learned a lot of new things, not only about the topic but about life itself. I will definitely go back if I get the chance to.

Tara:
My experience with ASHA was more than I could’ve ever dreamt of. I decided to apply for the course on Islam and Sufism because I felt like I didn’t have the knowledge I should have on the matter. My parents raised me as an atheist, and therefore I’ve had a lot of questions and doubts regarding religion and faith. This course helped me understand what faith is really about, and how it truly is a personal path. It also helped me find my own spirituality, and start my own spiritual journey.

Last but not least, the people in ASHA made the experience so much more enjoyable! Everyone shared their thoughts and feelings, and at the same time listened and respected others views. This was an experience of a lifetime, and I will cherish it forever.


Rauan:
My experience with Asha was very rewarding. My friends recommended the place and I had high expectations and my exceptions were fulfilled even more than I expected.

The course I participated in discussed Islam and Sufism. I learnt the main facts about Sufism. I enjoyed myself a lot in the training. The place we were accommodated in was filled with warm and wonderful energy. People there had amazing energy and I think that the energy was received and projected by everyone there. I felt like I connected not only with the participants and the volunteers but also with Nature there. They were teaching us by different teaching methods which I enjoyed a lot and which I will for sure use in my future career life.

Overall I’m now very thankful for what I experienced and for the knowledge I gained. I strongly recommend this place to others.


Ayah:
I just want to let one thing out. 

It’s been a rough year on me, with all the good and bad things that have happened to me. I really had no control over my life, I was doing a lot of stuff that I didn’t want to do.
So after finding out about training in Gloucester, England in the ASHA centre concerning Islam and Sufism, I decided to turn things around and find my inner peace. I was so lost.

While being there I had an amazing experience with the training, met people from all around Europe and made new friends. I learned more about Islam and Sufism and most importantly I told myself that I got it and everything is going to be fine. I worked towards it. 
I had a million thoughts every time we discussed a new topic, another million questions whenever we went deeper on those topics. I found answers to most of my questions. But still, I had so many more without answers. 

Every morning I would have a warm cup of tea that I made from fresh ingredients from ASHA centre's garden. I would walk around the area and explore this magnificent place I came to. I would walk through the labyrinth multiple times with so many questions in my head. The first day they told us that if we had some unanswered questions, go to the labyrinth, walk in it slowly with one question in your mind, find a way to explain it to yourself. Why, when, who and how. You might not get the answer from the first time, so you try again and again. The answer will appear in the most unexpected way. And that’s what exactly happened to me. I finally found the answers. 
 
After the training, I really felt different. I felt like being free from all the commitments that have been put down on my shoulders without my permission. I felt like I found that one person who was, is and will forever be beside me for the rest of my life. If I tried to describe what I went through just to find this one person, I won’t even make its justice because of all the highs and lows I had to face.
 
In the end of that one very quiet night after a visit to Birmingham, with all those mixed  feelings inside me, trying to come out as tears down my cheeks, like a washing waterfall cleansing me out of my sins, out of my responsibilities, out of me being concerned about everyone else but me... I found that person. I found me.



Comments